Sugar Cookies

This blog post came to mind when I made sugar cookies a few days ago. I wanted to share with you my all-time favorite sugar cookie recipe. These cookies are perfect for decorating (especially with royal icing or buttercream) and only take one bowl to make! Here is a picture of how mine came out:

(I ended up using cookie cutters and shaped them. I also frosted them with buttercream 😋)

Ingredients:

• 2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
  • ½ cup shortening
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons for sprinkling Domino® Granulated Sugar (optional)

Instructions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 half sheet pans with parchment paper.

Step 2

In a large bowl of an electric mixer beat sugar, butter, and shortening at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat mixture until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour and mix until combined.

Step 3

Using a small ice-cream scoop, drop dough onto lined sheet pans. Flatten slightly with hand. Sprinkle the additional 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the cookies (optional). Bake for 8 minutes. Let cookies rest for 5 minutes. Remove from cooking sheets to cooling racks.

Recipe by:

https://www.dominosugar.com/recipe/classic-sugar-cookies

Thanks for reading! 👋

3 Replies to “Sugar Cookies”

1. This recipe looks delicious! I need to try this out when I have all the ingredients!! 🍪 Bon Appétit!

2. Your cookies look amazing. I really liked how detailed you were in writing the ingredients and process of making the cookies. I liked how detailed you were with the instructions because if someone wanted to they could follow this recipe and bake these sugar cookies.

3. Great job on this post I really enjoyed hearing about your sugar cookies. I think that it was a great idea to walk everyone through the actual process of making the cookies. Great job!